We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Why do I do this to myself? Every time we go on a vacation…whether it is for a weekend or a week…I tell my kids what they need to pack….and hope they remember what I tell them! I’m busy trying to figure out who is going to care for our animals, putting my mail on hold, and thinking about what I can bring to keep my kids busy while sitting in a car for several hours!
Wouldn’t it be easier to have a basic list all ready that they could look at and check off? Why yes…it would!
Other Packing Tips:
- I try to spend the day before packing getting caught up on the laundry (or at least as much as possible!) This helps everyone see what clothing is available.
- I have some kids who think they have to bring a pair of clothes for every day that we will be gone! It takes some convincing to help them realize that we will have access to washing machines if we need them…and since when do they ever put on a new pair of clothes every day!
- I have a different colored backpack for everyone to pack their stuff in (although my teenagers think they have to use a bigger duffel bag now!)
- If we are taking Sunday/dress clothes…I like to keep those all together. I find when my kids have their own church clothes they can end up wrinkled in the bottom of the backpack!
- I like to keep hoodies in one bag in the back of the car…since we don’t always need them and we won’t always to remember to grab them from individual bags when we take off for the day…it’s easier if they are already together in the car.
- I like to dress my younger four (my teenagers have a mind of their own!) in matching brightly colored shirts when we go places that I know will be crowded (like amusement parks). I like to keep those shirts in my bag so they don’t end up being worn on the wrong day.