We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I have a problem! Yes, I have lots of problems! But this problem refers to housecleaning…I’m busy and I don’t love to clean…but I like to live in a clean house!
It’s not easy to keep up with the housecleaning as a homeschooling mom of 6 kiddos (and their schedules!) So…I’ve been thinking about what really has to be done everyday to keep our home livable without spending hours cleaning…I don’t have hours to spend on cleaning my house every day (nor do I want to)!
I’ve been keeping track of what I need to do every day to keep my home running smoothly and for me to feel sane! This is what I came up with! Get your own forms here!
- Reboot laundry (empty dryer, move clothes from the washer to the dryer, and start a new load)
- Load and start the dishwasher (because of my husbands work schedule, we tend to eat dinner later and then move right into getting ready for bed…which makes it hard to get the dishes done at night…so I’m a rebel and do them in the morning!)
- Dinner prep
- Kids rinse their own breakfast dishes.
- Wipe down the island
- Make my bed and do a quick bedroom pick up (because my bedroom tends to turns into a dumping ground!)
- Make lunch
- Clean up dishes
- 20 minute zone (we have our home divided into zones…the kids and I each have a zone to pick up everyday)
- Make dinner
- Put food away
Nope, it’s not a lot of deep cleaning…more of that happens on (most) Saturdays. This is what I try to do on a daily basis (I don’t do laundry or zones on Sunday)
Get Your Forms Here!
- Get your forms to customize your daily homemaking routine and be the homemaking hero in your home!
Make it Happen!
- Print the blank template and write down what you feel like you need to do each day.
- Keep it simple…write down what you NEED to do. Limit yourself to no more than 5 things for each time block. I know I get overwhelmed if I feel like my to-do list is too long!
Share Your Ideas!
- What are the 3 housecleaning tasks you feel like you need to do every day? I’m serious…keep it to 3 (I’m curious!)